We’re pleased to announce that Cafe De Monteverde has been recognized with a 2017 Certificate of Excellence, based on the consistently great reviews earned on TripAdvisor.
Embrace our coffee culture!
Come and experience the real deal! If you want to go in depth and learn directly from the professionals about the world of specialty coffee, you cannot miss this opportunity.
Our tour covers every stage of coffee farming and processing during 2.5 hrs, from seed germination, to farming, harvesting, processing and roasting. It is an in depth experience of coffee, in its environmental, social, and economic context.
At the end of the tour, you visit our Monteverde Coffee Lab and Roastery located in the heart of our main coffee plantation and fully equipped with a roasting room, tasting tables, a packaging area, a small souvenir shop and a fully equipped espresso bar. Here you will participate in a coffee tasting session to discover the nuances of the different coffee types and to gain an appreciation for the processes that enhances coffee flavor and aroma.
– Get to know the history behind our coffee
– See how coffee has shaped the way we live
– Share the values of our community-minded organization
– Find out how coffee can add to and improve the local environment
– Learn about environmentally sound agricultural practices
– Make the connection between a local action and its global impact
– Learn from the experts what it takes to make a great coffee
– Discover new ways of enhancing your coffee drinking experience
– Taste the best specialty coffee of the North Pacific region of Costa Rica
Reviews from our clients
-“Thank you for a very interesting tour. It is great to understand much more about how our morning cup of coffee is produced, as well as get a greater appreciation for the different flavors. We also really enjoyed seeing the farm and understanding how you are seeking to be fully sustainable. Added bonus: Loved the two dogs!”
-“A great and interesting way to spend the afternoon. Our guide is clearly passionate about his work and all the people at the farm are friendly and eager to share their knowledge and love for sustainable farming and coffee. Thanks a lot!”
-“Amazing! It was inspiring how self-sustainable and eco-friendly one can be! I loved it and I hope I can continue to care for the environment the same way when I go home. Thank you!”